Thursday, March 28, 2024

UP IN KYIV: I HAVE A DREAM

 


During the night, the air alert was announced twice in Ukraine.

From 5 in the morning, my wife and I have been in the bomb shelter of the nearby school.


The bomb shelter is a deep raw basement equipped with chairs and tables. School boards hang on the walls. There are several cots for children.


A 5-year-old boy is sleeping on the bed right in front of me. He is dressed in winter clothes. His mother sat next to him on an uncomfortable high chair. In a dream, the mother leaned her back against the wall. But the wall is damp, so the woman put a soft toy under her head. 


Mother and son look tortured. Many women and children are currently in shelters throughout Ukraine.


Looking at a sleeping mother and her child in a bomb shelter, I think of one person who is hypocritically sabotaging the provision of American aid to Ukraine. 


This person positions himself as an exemplary Christian and father. 


I am also a Christian but I have a dream. I dream that this person was also sitting in a bomb shelter with his children and grandchildren.


P.S. Envy not the glory of Mike Johnson: for thou knowest not what shall be his end.


No comments:

Post a Comment