Wednesday, April 3, 2024

UP IN KYIV: MY WIFE’S BLUE TERMOS

 


I know many nations as brave in war as Ukrainians. But I don't know any people who would combine bravery with humor, sarcasm and black irony. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to translate the pearls of Ukrainian wartime humor.

Maybe my son can do it as a professional translator. In the end, my son, just like a blue thermos, appeared in our family thanks to my wife.

The blue thermos was purchased in those immemorial times, when you could buy a full cart of products for three hundred hryvnias. During his life, the blue thermos has seen a lot. He saw trips to the coast of the Black Sea. He saw trips to Italy. Now he sees a war between Russia and Ukraine.

The great life experience of the blue thermos and the fertile Ukrainian soil led to the thermos acquiring paranormal properties.

Do you remember "Under the Dome" by Stephen King. About the same with a blue thermos. Russian missiles and drones cannot penetrate the barrier of the dome of the blue thermos. Missile strikes on Kyiv become impossible on those nights when my wife pours hot tea into a blue thermos.

Our friends and relatives send my wife a message every evening reminding her to fill the blue thermos. I really don't understand what is in that thermos. Plain tea or something else. In the end, it's not that important. It works, friends! The magic of the blue thermos and all that.

My only request is that you do not share the magic of my wife's blue thermos with our valiant air defense warriors. They are so naive in repelling Russian missile attacks on Kyiv with air defense means. It's all about my wife's blue thermos, I tell you.



No comments:

Post a Comment