Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ukrainian President: I am sorry to have given you a promise about the prompt completion of ATO. I should have set everyone for a lasting struggle for our land

"More than four years ago, I stated that ATO would last for hours, not months. Now it's not so important in what context those words were said. It is not important how figurative this statement was. People perceived it as an opportunity to end the war quickly. I am sorry to have created inflated expectations. I sincerely apologize for giving you hope that has not come true. It's a pity that I made a promise that has not come true. I apologize for this," President Petro Poroshenko addressed Ukrainians during his participation in the solemn ceremony of raising the State Flag of Ukraine in Dnipro.
"This is a serious lesson for me to be careful and responsible with my words and my promises… Thank you for understanding this. The country requires an honest and frank conversation," the President emphasized.

The Head of State stressed: "I drew conclusions from this. From the very beginning, I had to set everyone for a lasting and tedious struggle to free every single piece of Ukrainian land".

No comments:

Post a Comment